Saturday, July 24, 2010

extraordinary day


CAUTION: HOT
The post you are about to read kind of personal.


I just love my husband. He came home from his daily hike this morning with a Starbucks hot chocolate, just for me. He held me in one of his strong bear hugs. Then told me he heard a song that reminded him of me... so much in fact that he said he was mad he hadn't written it. I had never heard it before... but now I don't think I will ever forget it. {Just to ensure I don't...
I just had to post this, as my blog is my backup memory.}
To hear the song click the play button:
{Bruno Mars - Just The Way You Are}
My world paused for a moment as I reflected on how lucky I am to have a husband who loves and appreciates me, just the way I am. I think it's so easy to lose ourselves in mommyhood that we forget that under the PB & J smudges, last season's attire, windex scented hair, and translucent "boug" smears from little hugs that we're still the same woman our husbands fell for. Society's standards of beauty can be so inundating that we forget that we create our own. I may not be the vision of beauty to many... but he thinks I'm pretty cute. Now whenever I need a rewind button to replay this morning I can always view this post. I was born to love this man. I am so grateful for everything that makes him Greg and for his sweet reminders of why I am so lucky to call him mine
for the rest of eternity.
I just love these extraordinary days along the way.

5 comments:

Anjanette said...

Mornings like that make the entire week better. I don't even know him & I think Greg is perfect for you!

Tony and Traci said...

That's so awesome. Its really nice to know that the men in our lives love us. Someday when Drake is older he will surprise you with moments like that too.PS. I think you are very pretty. Greg did well marrying you :)

TJ Eich said...

I'm right there with you girl!
P.S. YOU'RE FREAKIN GORGEOUS!!!

UpdikeUpdates.com said...

You girls sure know how to make a girl feel good! Thanks so much.

Go Go Gomez said...

Well you are amazing Shavonne so I am happy that Greg knows that! This is such a sweet post! And I love that song too btw!! Miss you!